We catch up with our cover artist Lucas Debargue, plus tips on composing and learn to play 'Windmills of Your Mind'
... Read More >>
Inside Pianist issue 98:
- The French pianist Lucas Debargue only decided to take piano seriously at the age of 20. But he became an overnight sensation after being placed fourth at the Tchaikovsky Competition in 2015. We catch up with him on the mountaintops of Verbier to find out what makes him so special.
The 2 Masterclasses
- Graham Fitch on gaining speed
- Mark Tanner on improving beginnings and endings of pieces
(Don’t forget, you can WATCH Graham’s lesson on the Pianist TV Channel!)
The 3 ‘How to Play’ lessons:
-Beginner lesson on a Bertini Andantino
-Intermediate lesson an Andante from a Mozart sonata
-Advanced lesson on Sgambati’s arrangement of the Gluck Melodie
- Scores include works by Scarlatti, Bach, Haydn, Chabrier and more
- Massenet’s Meditation and Michel Legrand’s The Windmills of Your Mind
- Tips on how to compose (so you can enter this year’s Composing Competition!)
- An Introduction to Jazz
- The story behind the French piano maker Pleyel
- A look at the newly renovated Birmingham Conservatoire of Music
Plus lots more!
Online piano lessons
Tune in to our huge library of lessons to watch (some 70 to date, and forever growing) on the Pianist TV Channel. Plus watch our house pianist Chenyin Li performing many of the pieces that have featured inside the Scores.