Pianist 117 Dec 2020/Jan 2021
BUMPER ISSUE: Superstar Lang Lang features on the cover, plus plenty of Christmas scores to get stuck into over the festive period and our annual 2021 Piano Buyer's Guide
On Sale: 20/11/2020
Why Not Subscribe?
What's in this Issue?
- Up close with cover star Lang Lang: He talks to editor Erica Worth about marriage, maturing and what Bach’s Goldberg Variations have taught him about life
- 40 PAGES OF SCORES: 13 pieces to learn, from beginner to advanced level, plus four festive pieces – Franck’s Vieux Noël, MacDowell’s By Smouldering Embers, Tchaikovsky’s ‘December’ and an arrangement of Holst’s In The Bleak Midwinter
- Masterclass No 1: Graham Fitch offers up practice exercises for the pieces we’re learning
- Masterclass No 2: Mark Tanner on the importance of good posture
- Three 'How To Play' lessons from teacher-pianists Lucy Parham, Nils Franke and Melanie Spanswick
- The curved finger debate: If Horowitz played with flatties, why should we strive for the perfectly-curved hand shape? Warwick Thompson investigates
- Yamaha’s new Clavinova 700 Series is put to the test
- DEADLINE APPROACHES! Just a couple of weeks left for your chance to Win a Kawai piano in our 2021 Composing Competition. ENTER HERE
- Reader Competition: Win a 2021 Boosey & Hawkes music diary
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO LESSONS for all levels – from Graham Fitch, Chenyin Li, Tim Stein, Martin James Bartlett and more. Wacth Graham's latest video below
Inside the new 2021 Piano Buyer's Guide:
- Over 100 pianos laid out
- All types of instruments covered, from the most simple of uprights to fancy grands and on to forward-thinking digitals
- Laid it out in three distinct sections: uprights, grands, digitals
- Each section begins with the most reasonably-priced models, moving on up to the ‘money is no object’ price point
- The goal? To cater for all tastes and all budgets… and to help you find the piano of your dreams!