Pianist 116 Oct/Nov 2020
Icelandic sensation Víkingur Ólafsson graces this issue's cover and talks in depth about his love for Rameau, plus get advice on bringing out inner melodies. Mental Health also takes a starring role inside this issue.
On Sale: 18/09/2020
Our Price: £5.50
Why Not Subscribe?
What's in this Issue?
- Cover artist Víkingur Ólafsson talks to Pianist about the positive challenges of lockdown and the techniques needed to play Rameau on a modern piano
- 40 PAGES OF SCORES: 15 pieces to learn, including familiar works by Clementi and Mozart, a romantic Fauré Improvisation, a jazzy Gershwin standard and Liszt’s stunning arrangement of Mendelssohn’s On Wings of Song
- Masterclass No 1: Mark Tanner on bringing out the inner melody
- Masterclass No 2: Graham Fitch looks at ways to handle repetition in practice
- Three 'How To Play' lessons from our teacher-pianists Lucy Parham, Nils Franke and Melanie Spanswick
- Legendary Pedagogues: A survey of some of the famous teachers of the past and the ways in which they shaped their (famous) students
- As World Mental Health Day approaches, we take a look at how the piano can aid our state of mind
- Alkan expert Mark Viner talks about the life and works of the elusive French composer. Plus, he offers up learning tips for the three Alkan pieces which feature in Scores
- Win a Kawai piano! There’s still time to enter our 2021 Composing Competition
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO LESSONS for all levels – from Graham Fitch, Chenyin Li, Tim Stein, Martin James Bartlett and more
Watch Graham Fitch's latest lesson on Organising Practice Time below. This video lesson compliments his article inside this issue.