Pianist 113 Apr/May 2020
An exclusive interview with the most-streamed classical artist of all time, Ludovico Einaudi. Plus all you need to know about taking piano exams and finding the right course or festival to attend this summer
On Sale: 20/03/2020
Why Not Subscribe?
What's in this Issue?
- 13 pieces to learn, including familiar works by Beethoven and Bach to off-the-beaten-track rarities such as Chabrier’s Ballabile and Satie’s Idylle
- LUDOVICO EINAUDI: Erica Worth catches up with our cover star between his run of London concerts
- Masterclass No 1: Piano Proprioception – how to feel (and not look) your way around the keyboard
- Masterclass No 2: Graham Fitch turns his attention to the ‘weaker’ fingers
- Three 'How To Play' lessons – beginner (a Duvernoy study), intermediate (a Bach Prelude) and advanced (Brahms Intermezzo Op 118 No 4)
- 2020 Summer Courses and Festivals: our 12-page guide features top courses and festivals for you to discover and participate in, wherever you are in the world
- Piano Teacher Help Desk: How to get your pupils to make the most of their sight-reading studies
- Thinking of taking a piano exam?: Three top UK examination boards have their say
- NEW & EXCLUSIVE VIDEO LESSON: Watch Graham Fitch’s latest video offers up useful exercises for the weaker fingers