Pianist 112 Feb/Mar 2020
To mark the 250th anniversary of the birth of one of the greatest classical composers of all time, we’ve decided to go Beethoven-crazy inside issue 112! For starters, our cover interviewee is one of today’s top Beethoven interpreters, Igor Levit. You will find eight Beethoven pieces inside the Scores section (for all levels), plus masterclasses aplenty to help you improve your Beethoven playing
On Sale: 24/01/2020
Why Not Subscribe?
What's in this Issue?
- 12 pieces to learn, including works by Albeniz, Peterson-Berger, Heller and of course… Beethoven
- IGOR LEVIT is our cover star
-DAME FANNY WATERMAN TURNS 100: read our exclusive interview with the founder of ‘the Leeds’
- Masterclass No 1: Techniques needed for good Beethoven playing
- Masterclass No 2: Exercises for the intermediate and advanced players
- Three 'How To Play' lessons – beginner, intermediate and advanced – all of them on Beethoven masterpieces
- Beethoven’s instrument: how different were the pianos of Beethoven’s time to those of today?
- Piano Teacher Help Desk: Deciding on the right Beethoven repertoire to give to your pupils
- Jaques Samuel Pianos: a browse around one of London’s top piano showrooms
- NEW & EXCLUSIVE VIDEO LESSON: Watch Graham Fitch’s latest video on exercises for intermediate and advanced-level players