Pianist 109 Aug/Sep 2019
A brand new series on how to play by ear, masterclasses on achieving the clarity you've always dreamed of, 13 pieces to learn for all levels, plus an interview with British star Martin James Bartlett
On Sale: 29/07/2019
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
- 13 pieces to learn by Gershwin, Schubert, and Granados, plus a pulsating Hungarian Dance duet from Brahms
- New Series! Playing By Ear, written by John Geraghty
- MARTIN JAMES BARTLETT is our cover star
- WIN A KAWAI PIANO! By entering our 2020 Composing Competition
- Masterclass No 1: Thinking big with Mark Tanner
- Masterclass No 2: How to steer clear from the safety blanket that is the sustain pedal with Graham Fitch
- Three 'How To Play' lessons including Nils Franke's exploration of Hiller's Barcarole
- Piano Teacher Help Desk: Trying your hand at some instrument-free practising
- Pianists and their Pets
- NEW & EXCLUSIVE VIDEO LESSONS TO DISCOVER including Noriko Ogawa on Brahms's Hungarian Dance duet (the score of which appears inside)