Issue 103 Aug/Sep 2018
Learn to play the blues, enter our 2019 Composing Competition, help with memorising, and more
On Sale: 27/07/2018
Why Not Subscribe?
What's in this Issue?
Highlights of content inside Pianist issue 103:
- Find out how to enter our 2019 COMPOSING COMPETITION
- 15 SCORES by Massenet, Albeniz, Haydn and more. Plus George Gershwin Someone to Watch Over Me and Kurt Weill September Song
- Focus on Schumann's Kinderszenen with a video lesson by Martin James Bartlett
- Q&A Masterclass with Graham Fitch on the basics of Fingering (part 2). This includes chords, scales, trills. Plus watch his accompanying lesson on the Pianist TV channel
- Mark Tanner Masterclass on how to improve your Memorising Skills
- Three 'How to Play’ lessons:
1 Melanie Spanswick on a simple Burgmüller Op 100 study (Beginner level)
2 Nils Franke on the first movement of Beethoven Sonata Op 49 No 1 (Intermediate level)
3 Lucy Parham on the famous Rachmaninov Prelude Op 3 No 2
- Piano Teacher Help Desk: Ways to get your pupils to enjoy sight-reading!
-Learning Jazz Piano, Lesson 5: Playing the Blues
-What to do when injury strikes
And lots more!