PLUS, American piano legend Menahem Pressler shares a life's worth of wisdom inside
Our latest issue of Pianist includes a glorious interview with 95-year-old pianist Menahem Pressler. The American, who still performs, shares plenty of advice and wisdom inside. James Rhodes (who is a few decades younger!), talks about how he quit a career in finance in his late 20s to pursue his dreams of being a professional pianist. He offers up his must-read tips for those who are dreaming of doing the same.
- 13 pieces to learn by Schumann, Maykapar, Galuppi, and Joplin, plus the winning score from the 2019 Composing Competition
- Masterclass No 1: Perfecting your melody & accompaniment with Mark Tanner
- Masterclass No 2: How to navigate spread chords with Graham Fitch
- Three 'How To Play' lessons including Lucy Parham's exploration of Chopin's lesser-known Waltz in A flat Op 64 No 3
- Piano Teacher Help Desk: Encouraging your students to broaden their horizons
- New and exclusive video lessons to discover including Noriko Ogawa on Grieg's Notturno (the score of which appears inside), and Frances Wilson on crucial technique tips. You can watch both video lessons below.
Prefer digital? Download Pianist straight to your tablet or phone.
We've got hundreds more free piano lessons waiting for you. Start watching.