27 September 2019
This issue is all about girl power!
Classical music's new golden girl Isata Kanneh-Mason features on the cover of our latest issue. The 23-year-old talks about her new album dedicated to the music of Clara Schumann, and what it's like following in the footsteps of famous brother Sheku. Also inside:
- 13 pieces to learn by a host of women composers including Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel, Mel Bonis and Clara Schumann, plus Mozart and Diabelli feature
- Our new series, Playing By Ear, continues with lesson 2
- Masterclass No 1: Achieving perfect fluency with Mark Tanner
- Masterclass No 2: How to avoid over-relying on the metronome with Graham Fitch
- Three 'How To Play' lessons including Melanie Spanswick's take on Maria Szymanowska's Mazurka
- Piano Teacher Help Desk: Finding the perfect balance between being authoritative, participative and delegative as a teacher
- Girls Aloud: Shining the spotlight on women composers past and present
- WIN A KAWAI PIANO! By entering our 2020 Composing Competition
- NEW & EXCLUSIVE VIDEO LESSONS TO DISCOVER. Watch Graham Fitch’s piano lesson on correct ways to use the metronome below!