14 December 2021
By Ellie Palmer
The German-based manufacturer is also introducing its new Smartphone Control App for the first time
GEWA has announced its new DP345 digital piano model as part of its DP series.
The piano uses a Hamburg Grand Piano sample with a zone-weighted keyboard and ivory touch surface. With this instrument, GEWA relies on a completely new, modernised control unit with a deep black OLED display and illuminated soft-touch buttons. All important functions, such as sound selection, metronome, recording and player, are available via direct access. All other settings can be made via the new GEWA Piano Remote App (iOS and Android).
NEW GEWA Piano Remote APP
With the GEWA Piano Remote App, GEWA introduces an app to control its digital pianos for the first time. The idea for the app revolves around the user's “favourite sounds”; these can be conveniently defined, edited and named via the app’s start page. The favourite sounds are then automatically synchronized with the piano and can be called up at any time even without an existing app connection.
Other features include split & layer of up to three sounds, a constantly growing lesson library, access to demo songs, recording and playback of performances, metronome presets, single key calibration, and many additional settings in the “Virtual Piano Technician”.
The DP345 will set you back for around £1,228. Find out more here.
• Made in Germany
• High-Resolution piano sample based on a Steinway D274 with far more than 1GB of memory
• Concert Pianist keyboard, 88 keys with hammer action, weighted in zones with ivory touch
• Smart control via GEWA Piano Remote App (Android / iOS)
• Completely redesigned, modern user panel with elegant OLED display and illuminated soft‐
• Sound library with 15 high-resolution sounds
• Sound generation based on latest DSP and memory technology
• Bluetooth Audio + MIDI function
• Recording of MIDI or .WA files via USB
• Split/Layer function with up to three sounds
• User calibration tool for fine tuning keyboard behaviour
• Virtual piano technician to adjust string resonance, pedal resonances, hammer 5ps, half pedal,
una corda, attack and tuning parameters
• Lesson function with constantly growing library of piano pieces
• Metronome with click and pre-selectable rhythms
• Effects in two independent effect blocks
• 4 reverb effects, 8 modulation effects
• 256 voices polyphony
- DIN MIDI in/out
- Line in (3.5mm stereo jack)
- Line Out L/R (6.3mm mono jack)
- 2 headphones
- USB to Host / to Device
- Sustain Pedal
• Traditional cabinet design with acoustic bar for a realistic sound
• Keyboard cover
• 3 pedals
• Dimensions L x D x H in mm: 1350 x 410 x 1180 (1360)
• Weight: 41.5kg