The five finalists will battle it out for the prestigious 1st Prize from 17-18 September
After three days of intense semi finals, the Leeds International Piano Competition finalists have been announced. They are:
✔ Alim Beisembayev (23,Kazakhstan)
✔ Dmytro Choni (28,Ukraine)
✔ Thomas Kelly (22,United Kingdom)
✔ Kaito Kobayashi (25,Japan)
✔ Ariel Lanyi (23,Israel)
The Finals are set to take place from 17-18 September at Leeds Town Hall, with the finalists joined by the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Andrew Manze. The schedule and repertoire choices are as follows:
- Dmytro Choni (28, Ukraine) — Beethoven, Concerto No 3 in C Minor, Op 37
- Alim Beisembayev (23, Kazakhstan) —Rachmaninov, Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini in A Minor, Op 43
- Thomas Kelly (22, United Kingdom) — Beethoven, Concerto No 4 in G, Op 58
- Kaito Kobayashi (25, Japan) — Bartók, Concerto No 3 in E, Sz. 119
- Ariel Lanyi (23, Israel) - Brahms, Concerto No 2 in B-flat, Op 83
You can find out more about the competition here.
Main image: ©Leeds International Piano Competition 2018.