26 July 2019
By Ellie Palmer
PLUS an interview with British star Martin James Bartlett
Ready to challenge yourself? Find our brand-new series, Playing by Ear, inside the latest issue. Learn how to play your favourite pieces without the score over a series of sessions.
- 13 pieces to learn by Gershwin, Schubert, and Granados, plus a pulsating Hungarian Dance duet from Brahms
- MARTIN JAMES BARTLETT is our cover star
- Masterclass No 1: Thinking big with Mark Tanner
- Masterclass No 2: How to steer clear from the safety blanket that is the sustain pedal with Graham Fitch
- Three 'How To Play' lessons including Nils Franke's exploration of Hiller's Barcarole
- Piano Teacher Help Desk: Trying your hand at some instrument-free practising
- Pianists and their Pets
- NEW & EXCLUSIVE VIDEO LESSONS TO DISCOVER including Noriko Ogawa on Brahms's Hungarian Dance duet (the score of which appears inside), and Frances Wilson on Artistry, Expression and Enjoyment. You can watch both videos below.
Prefer digital? Download Pianist straight to your tablet or phone.