The Competition is now closed! The winner will be announced on 17 March.
Launch your career and WIN a Kawai Piano
Win a Kawai ES520 piano, matching designer stand and pedal unit worth over £1,440.
The Pianist Composing Competition returns for another year, and we're once again giving you the chance to win a gorgeous Kawai digital piano, plus the opportunity to launch your piano career! This year, your winning piece will be heard farther and wide than ever before. Full details can be found below.
Want to enter? Make sure your composition is written for solo piano. It can be in any style you like, and for any technical level. The length should not exceed 64 bars. Entry costs £30, with a discounted rate of £25 for Pianist subscribers. Full terms and conditions can be found at the bottom of this page.
Please note: Entries from earning composers will be automatically disqualified.
- WIN a Kawai ES520 piano – complete with a matching designer stand and pedal unit. Choose between either black or white
- Have your winning score featured in a future issue of Pianist magazine
- Concert pianist Chenyin Li will record your composition for the Pianist magazine album. The recording will appear on both the official Pianist album that comes with each magazine, AND on Spotify
- Chenyin Li will also film a video performance of your piece that will be featured on the Pianist YouTube channel
- Be interviewed for an exclusive feature inside the magazine
- Those in 2nd and 3rd place will also receive honourable mentions inside the magazine as well as official certificates
The winner will have a choice between a black or white model
Terms and Conditions
There are no restrictions of age, nationality or profession. However, you are ineligible if you derive any income from composing. Entries from earning composers will be automatically disqualified. Your composition must be written for solo piano. It can be in any style that you like, and for any technical level. The length should not exceed 64 bars. Should you win, and if you reside outside of the UK, you will be required to pay for the shipping fees of your chosen piano. Entries cost £30 (£25 for Pianist subscribers) and must be submitted online as a PDF by Monday 5 December 2022.
Don't have access to manuscript paper? Download a complimentary manuscript page from us here.