The long pivot length of the CLP-785 keys enhances the touch for a broader range of tone and responsiveness.
- Action: Yamaha’s GrandTouch keyboard with counterweights, and with synthetic ebony and ivory keytops (wood is used for the white keys)
- Piano sound: Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial Binuaral sampling 4 forte piano Voices Touch Sensor Control Panel
- Internal Sounds: 53 Voices + 14 Drum/SFX Kits + 480 XG Voices
- Speaker System: 6-way speaker system (50 W + 50 W + 50 W) x 2
- Bluetooth Audio and iOS compatibility
The counterweights enable greater expressiveness when playing in pianissimo or otherwise with a delicate touch, realistically simulating the feel of playing a grand piano. The bass, mid, and treble speakers are optimally balanced and placed accordingly in the body to simulate the sound image of a grand piano. Additional transducers deliver an
abundance of sound from the top of the cabinet, creating a natural sound field akin to the resonance from a grand piano soundboard.
The CLP-785 features four fortepiano voices. Exposure to the sounds beloved by Mozart, Chopin, and others in the 18th and early 19th centuries should create a deeper understanding of what these composers were thinking and feeling when they wrote their music, and cast modern piano playing in a new light.