With the tonal qualities of a much larger instrument and an action that allows the control usually associated with a grand piano, the Phoenix 130 is an upright like no other.
- Dimensions: 148cm (w), 130cm (h), 63cm (d)
- Finishes: black high polish polyester
- Pedals: 3: sustaining, sostenuto, una corda
- Extra features: sequenced half blow pedal, any of over 100 wood finishes
- Made using key components and parts from Germany. Assembly and finishing in UK
- £25,000 and above
Based on the Steingraeber 130 upright piano, the Phoenix Model 130 represents a new generation of upright piano building, with state-of-the-art design and materials, and the equivalent acoustics of a good small grand.
The Phoenix 130 comes with a choice of two actions:
1. Steingraeber SFM ® action gives a grand-piano-like, deep repetition. Four years of research and development have resulted in a design which offers the ergonomic qualities of grand piano mechanisms in upright pianos.
2. As above, but with D3D Hammer Assembly “top action” with bushlesss 3D printed flanges and helical weave carbon fibre shanks.
Patented bridge agraffes, which remove string down-bearing loads, freeing the soundboard to vibrate without restriction and thus enhancing acoustic performance, are fitted in the bass register of our uprights, where they are most critical.
Our pianos can be made with the following soundboard options: Carbon fibre, kevlar, or a thin wooden soundboard.
Find out which dealers are selling Phoenix pianos in your area by clicking here.