Issue 103 OUT NOW
Starring Russian pianist Pavel Kolesnikov
Order your copy here
Pavel Kolesnikov graces our 103rd front cover. Since becoming Prize Laureate of the Honens International Piano Competition in 2012, the Russian pianist has played at some of the world’s greatest venues including Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall, Berlin’s Konzerthaus, the Louvre (Paris), Vancouver Recital Society, Canada’s Ottawa ChamberFest and Banff Summer Festival, the BBC Proms, and London’s Wigmore Hall.
"A poet of the keyboard." - The Guardian newspaper on Pavel Kolesnikov.
INSIDE ISSUE 103
- Find out how to enter our 2019 COMPOSING COMPETITION
- 15 SCORES by Massenet, Albeniz, Haydn and more. Plus George Gershwin Someone to Watch Over Me and Kurt Weill September Song
- Focus on Schumann's Kinderszenen with a video lesson by Martin James Bartlett
- Q&A Masterclass with Graham Fitch on the basics of Fingering (part 2). This includes chords, scales, trills. Plus watch his accompanying lesson on the Pianist TV channel
- Mark Tanner Masterclass on how to improve your Memorising Skills
- Three 'How to Play’ lessons:
1. Melanie Spanswick on a simple Burgmüller Op 100 study (Beginner level)
2. Nils Franke on the first movement of Beethoven Sonata Op 49 No 1 (Intermediate level)
3. Lucy Parham on the famous Rachmaninov Prelude Op 3 No 2
- Piano Teacher Help Desk: Ways to get your pupils to enjoy sight-reading!
- Learning Jazz Piano, Lesson 5: Playing the Blues
- What to do when injury strikes
And lots more!
Let us help you become a better player. Purchase issue 103 here.
Back to News