Your chance to win Book 3 of this brand-new exciting series from Melanie Spanswick and Schott Music!
Book 3 of Women Composers – A Graded Piano Anthology is a progressive compendium of educational literature with a broad repertoire from the 17th century to the present day. For each piece, the editor has written short instructions with rehearsal tips as well as biographical notes on the women composers.
Book 3 is an advanced-level book, and is an indispensable addition to lessons and concerts. The full list of pieces is below:
- Marianna von Martinez (1744–1812): Allegro
- Chiquinha Gonzaga (1847–1935): Atraente
- Amy Beach (1867–1944): Sous les étoiles
- Lili Boulanger (1893–1918): Prélude in Db major
- Tatjana Komarova (*1968): Little Dance
- Mai Fukasawa (*1977): Between Dawn, Noon and Midnight
- Fanny Hensel (1805–1847): September
- Clara Schumann (1819–1896): Prelude and Fugue
- Teresa Carreño (1853–1917): Plainte
- Lady Viola Kinney (1890–1945): Mother’s Sacrifice
- Vítězslava Kaprálová (1915–1940): April
- Chaya Czernowin (*1957): fardance
Take a look at Melanie's interview with Schott Music about the books below.
More information about the book can be found here.
To be in with a chance of entering, log in and answer the question.
Closing date: 20/05/2022