Get your hands on Book 1 of this brand-new exciting series from Melanie Spanswick and Schott Music!
Book 1 of Women Composers – A Graded Piano Anthology is a progressive compendium of educational literature with a broad repertoire from the 17th century to the present day. For each piece, the editor has written short instructions with rehearsal tips as well as biographical notes on the women composers.
Book 1 is a beginner-level book, and is an indispensable addition to lessons and concerts. The full list of pieces is below:
- Elisabetta de Gambarini (1731–1765): Minuet
- Florence Ada Goodrich (1850–1928): Water Sprite
- Narcisa Freixas (1859–1926): L’Ocell
- Felicitas Kukuck (1914–2001): The Boat
- Barbara Heller (*1936): Joker - Melanie Spanswick (*1969): Mirage
- Rachael Forsyth (*1982): Soggy Shoes Blues
- Élisabeth Jacquet de La Guerre (1665–1729): Menuet
- Marjory Kennedy-Fraser (1857–1930): A Harvest Reel
- Hedwige Chrétien (1859-1944): Pierrot sautille
- Gertrud Orff-Willert (1914–2000): Andante con moto
- Ivana Loudová (1941–2017): The Sleeping Beauty
- Wendy Hiscocks (*1963): Fig and Fennel
- Vera Mohrs (*1984): Two Cats Playing
- Anna Bon (1738–after 1767): Andante
- Maria Szymanowska (1789–1831): Mazurka
- Elfrida Andrée (1841–1929): Allegro moderato
- Agathe Backer Grøndahl (1847–1907): Song of Youth
- Ethel Smyth (1858–1944): Minuet
- Mélanie Bonis (1858–1937): Frère Jacques
- Samantha Ward (*1982): Rockin’ Fingers
Take a look at Melanie's interview with Schott Music about the books below.
More information about the book can be found here.
To be in with a chance of entering, log in and answer the question.
Closing date: 20/05/2022